Ability to move popovers?

How difficult would it be to allow the user to relocate the popovers to avoid them hiding the notes?

eg. When I am entering a figured bass it is unhelpful that the popover obscures the very notes that I’m trying to figure!

(Only a vertical shift would be needed so the rhythmic position is retained.)

5 Likes

We don’t have any current plans for this, but you’re certainly not the first user to make this request, and it’s something we think about from time to time.

1 Like

Making them transparent has been requested, I think, which would certainly help.

6 Likes

It’s also not clear when entering lyrics sometimes. If you have a dense run of 16ths you better remember how many times you pressed the space bar otherwise you’re out of luck, lol.

3 Likes

Maybe a “flip” command like Ctrl-Alt–Shift-one-hand-behind-back-F could flip the popover to the other side of the stave, lyrics, etc.

For me the transparency option would work though – maybe an adjustable opacity option.

3 Likes

Another observation in terms of vertical placement of popovers — when editing a system popover (e.g. metre or tempo), the popover appears very often off the screen… i.e. you can type shift-M, and then have to scroll to find the popover at the top of the system. They should really always appear on the visible portion of the screen, even if the top of the system is not in view.

Sometimes this error only seems to occur when pressing enter to edit a system popover, e.g. time signature, other times it also happens when entering a new item (e.g. barline)

5 Likes