Ableton Link

Is there any news on implementing this killer(free for all) feature into cubase?

(If it is as solid as advertised)- would be nice to finally have a good interplatform sync that works across all devices and systems…

Greets:)

What’s the difference with Rewire? Ableton supports Rewire right?

Rewire was nice to connect apps together… (Host slave scenario on one machine)

Link will connect all software, hardware, macs, pcs, tablets, etc. connected to the same network - all under a unified clock where everybody is the master. (Link can be used without ableton)

If sync is really as tight as advertised, this would be a wonderful new protocol. (Addressing jitter, drift etcetc that midi clock sync brings with it when attempting to sync all sorts of madness together) - no extra hardware needed…

You could be jamming and easily connect all sorts of fun stuff- a traveling musician or neighbor could walk in, link up their laptop or whatever and jump in all syncy:p - dont think that there is a limit to the amount of devices…

From my point of view: very cool… Easy stabile sync across anything with Link. No brainer…
From a dev/company point of view: Link Is free to use for implementation in all apps, devs, software etc. why not…

What do you think?

That could be interesting. Not something that benefits my current setup but I can see it’s merits.

You see well…!:wink:

Omg, it is awesome!

Pls steiny, cut a deal with ableton…

Give them vst3 and take Link as first DAW (besides live) to have it… Its so amazing…

Cubase still cannot be a midi slave?

Whats wrong with this picture?

Wow! I’m just discovering Ableton Link! It’s fantastic. Really simple concept actually. A universal clock shared across your network. Anyone who taps in is connected. Got a device with an Link enabled app? Join in! Platform doesn’t matter!..as long as it can find the network! I am playing with it on the Ipad a Windows 10 PC and a Mac. I would REALLY love to make Cubasis my host app for apps on the Ipad …but it doesn’t look like Steinberg has added it…yet…(I really hope they do! everyone else is jumping on! ). GarageBand has it…(I’m just not a big GB fan!). With all the amazing apps and platforms out there it’s really great to have a bedrock for everything to coexist in! I abandon apps that don’t embrace this goal! I used to like MPC for example…but it sits in its own Galaxy…it will eventually be forgotten cuz it’s a pain to communicate with it! :imp:

Sounds awesome, all Steinberg have to do is make a compatible app.

I’ll add my voice, I just tried this between Live running on an iMac and my old tower running reason 9.0.1 and this is as much jamming fun as you can have, brilliant feature, don’t knock it till u try it…

I’ll be using Reason more as a result.

+1 for Ableton Link support

+1 please Steinberg!!! :smiley: