Ableton Link

Cubase 12 got released, any news if Link is available with the update ?? I don’t find anything about it my my online research.
I also tried to see if there was a third party VST that could send Ableton Link signal to Ableton Live… No success so far… If anybody has a workaround I would be glad to hear.
Now since Rewire is discontinued, I really want to find a way to make Cubase & Ableton work together before I upgrade anything.

6 Likes

Yes, Please!!! Also for using with Maschine in a different computer, not only for Ableton Live. Also, being able to use Push2 with Cubase would be epic!!!

4 Likes

Is there a chance to enable ableton link in cubase 12? Hopefully we will get an update to syncronize our music production tools.

4 Likes

Cubasis 3.4 already got Ableton Link and it is also needed in Cubase 12.

7 Likes

As there is not Rewire mode, please enable Ableton Link in Cubase 12. So, we can use it together with Push hardware.

1 Like

Ableton Link in Cubase 12

3 Likes

I’m in the process of trying to sync Live to Nuendo. It’s a hell of a process. So far I’m able to do the following:

• Control Nuendo transport with Push 2
  • Route a stereo signal from Live into Nuendo

All of this requires loopback audio software, LoopMIDI, and Max/MSP. I don’t have those two features listed working together yet. It will require more development.

1 Like

An alternative to Rewire is this Blue Cat Connector. I haven’t tried it so I can’t say how well it works.

Cubase 13! Ableton Link!
Maybe we’ll be lucky this time!
Please Steinberg, have mercy, hear our lamentations!
We still use Cubase in our studio, we’re just creatures of habit.
We then use Ableton for spontaneous sessions with multiple computers.
Of course it would be great if Cubase could run with Ableton Link on the main computer in which all the audio tracks are recorded.
We’ve been waiting for a few years now, but as we all know, hope dies last. :sunglasses:

1 Like