About the Cubasis Importer

The Cubasis Project Importer for macOS and Windows allows you to import projects made with the Cubasis apps for iOS and Android into Cubase.

This article is aimed to give you a better understanding what to expect when importing Cubasis projects to Cubase via the freely downloadable Cubasis Project Importer extension.

Cubasis for iOS and Android and Cubase for Windows and macOS are fully independent app developments, which come with individual features matching the requirements of the individual platforms.

As a result, Cubasis projects which are imported to Cubase may appear differently, due to using Cubasis features which are unavailable in the Cubase desktop versions.

• Basically the audio and MIDI tracks of Cubasis projects including its events should be seamlessly imported to Cubase.
  • Depending on the Cubasis instruments and effects plug-ins used, its available Cubase derivates are loaded with similar presets or remain fully unassigned (to make your own assignments).
  • Cubasis for iOS exclusively supports Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus to load 3rd party instruments and effects plug-ins which are unavailable in Cubase and/or other desktop DAWs.
  • Imported Cubasis tracks that use internal effects and/or instruments are expected to load with similar instruments and/or effects plug-ins in Cubase including their presets, or best-matching derivates (see the chart below for more details).

The chart below gives you more insights about the handling of Cubasis plug-ins when importing Cubasis projects with Cubase.

Cubasis Cubase*
Instruments and effects plug-ins
Studio EQ fixed / plug-in Channel EQ, Studio EQ
Brickwall Limiter BL Channel Strip
Shelf EQ Studio EQ
Reverb RoomWorks SE
Delay MonoDelay
Chorus Chorus
Compressor Compressor
Limiter Limiter
Filter MorphFilter
AmpSim AmpSimulator
Flanger Flanger
Overdrive Distortion
Phaser Phaser
PhaseInverter Input Filter
Micrologue Retrologue
MicroSonic HALion Sonic SE

*It depends on the actual Cubase version which plug-ins are available.

If you encounter Cubasis features or plug-ins which are unavailable in Cubase, we recommend rendering such tracks as audio files before sharing the project.

Download the Cubasis Project Importer

Learn more about Cubasis

Best,
Lars

2 Likes

I wish I saw this article before purchasing some in app modules in Cubasis. I bought Classic Machines and Cubasis FX 1+2 only to find out they don’t import into Cubase :angry: (there should be a warning). I thought if I bought the Steinberg Cubasis add-ons they would transfer to Cubase. (I only use Cubasis for bringing projects into Cubase later)

As this seems to be a problem for many others, I hope that Steinberg will improve the import capabilities so that Steinberg in-app purchases for Cubasis will work in Cubase, as well as presets importing too.

Hi @thinkingfield

This article has been released to inform our users what to expect when importing Cubasis tracks with Cubase. We are sorry if this does not match with your expectation.

Best,
Lars

@LSlowak To be clear, Cubasis is an amazing app and I have been using Cubase since forever. I was hoping that the extra instruments I bought would transfer over to Cubase. Had I known they did not, I would not have bought them. I only use Cubasis to be able to write on the road and then bring that into Cubase so I try to avoid anything that will not transfer over. If the instruments or FX do not transfer over, there should be a warning before purchasing.

Thanks.

1 Like