About the “undo” mode in cubase11

In Cubase 7.5, the “Undo”action in the “Key Editor ”of the track is for the current track.For example, I did some work on the A instrument track, then I did some work on the B instrument track, then I went back to the A instrument track, opened the “Key Editor ”window, and entered “ctrl+z.” This result was reversed to the previous state of the A track.And the state on track B remains unchanged.If I don’t open the Track’s“Key Editor”window, “ctrl+z” is the undo operation for the entire project file chronological order.

But in the Cubase 11 pro, wherever you perform “Undo” to Previous, you can only go back to the previous step in the project file timeline.I desperately need an undo operation function for the designated track.Just like the mode in Cubase 7.5.I would appreciate it if you could let me know if Cubase11 has this setting.

Hi,

Could you please reformat your post to make it readable?

From the part I read… Yes, the Undo behaviour changed.

Hello,thank you for your reply, My English is not so good and I’ m a new one here,I don’t know how to change the format of the words.I desperately need an undo operation function for the designated track.Just like the mode in Cubase 7.5.I would appreciate it if you could let me know if Cubase11 has this setting.

Hello, I have done it!the format has been changed! can you see it now?

Hi,

Thank you for changing the format.

As I mentioned, it doesn’t work the way it was working in Cubase 7.5 anymore in Cubase 11. The Undo is global, now. It has been discussed here on the forum many times already. Some users like it, other users don’t. :man_shrugging:

I don’t quite understand why this extra feature should be removed if it can be undone from a non-key editor interface, it brings me a lot trouble on work,but thank you for your reply .