About Xml

Hi folks,

I recently tried to import some music into Dorico from Sibelius and I got something strange; there were supernumerary ntuple eighth notes in the bars which made it impossible to use my file.
I looked from Sibelius and there is no way to quantize a minimum value on export.
If anyone has an idea.
Nice end of day to all
L

It might be a good idea to try exporting the Sibelius score again using the Dolet plug-in if you previously tried the built-in MusicXML export in Sibelius 7 or later.

Hi Daniel
thank you for your fast answer.
Iā€™m affraid that Iā€™m not an expert and, since I own a recent version of Sibelius, I dontā€™t know what is the Dolet plug-in.
I have to notice that this version of Dorico is much more better and works very well with virtual instruments. Congrats !

Jesper

Iā€™ve had the same issue even when exporting from the Dolet plugin. Itā€™s been a while but if memory serves me right, it was a problem with voices in the original Sibelius file. Try changing those measures in Sibelius so all the problem notes are in voice 1.

Thank you Jesper and James
itā€™s a bit annoying not to be able to use voice 1 for this reasonā€¦
I will download the Dolet 8 for sibelius and hope it will workā€¦

I think the advice was to make sure that all the problematic notes were indeed in voice 1ā€¦

Hello Mark
Yes, but to tell the truth it doesnā€™t matter where the problem comes from, it exists and I donā€™t see myself changing the voices to get a clean xml.
Dorico has really taken a step forward as I now almost have better rendered scores with the virtual instruments than with a sequencer.

1 Like

I had indeed good results with Dolet (even the older version). And sometimes I found it easier and faster to simply delete the offending bar and rewrite it from scratch in Dorico. Get all thatā€™s good from the import and recreate whatā€™s not good. XML import can really eat your timeā€¦

1 Like

Yes, the problem is that I write orchestral scores and the offending offset is repeated almost all the time, which would mean completely rewriting the score which I have absolutely no intention of doing

Since the problem appears to be in the way that Sibelius constructed the xml file, have you sought help from the Sibelius forums?

Youā€™re right Janus. I should also try to solve the problem by this way.