Absolute 2 crossgrades now available

Hi all,

Due to the strong feedback we have received over the last couple of days, we have revised our initial decision about the upgrade paths of Absolute 2. Thanks again to all of you who contacted us. Your feedback, requests and ideas help us to improve our products and services.

This is the new plan:

We are going to offer additional crossgrades for existing customers of HALion 5, HALion Sonic 2 and Groove Agent 4 to Absolute 2. Unfortunately it won’t be possible to offer individual crossgrades for different product combinations.

The crossgrades are available here:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/product/absolute-2-vst-instrument-collection.html

Additionally we have received reports about issues with the AU versions of our VST instruments on Mac OS X 10.10.5. We are currently working on a patch that will fix these issues.

Excellent decision Matthias, thanks for listening to the users. :smiley:

Don’t know if I’m going to crossgrade, but the fact you guys changed the plans based on feedback, absolutely increased the chance :sunglasses:

Nice one!

Thank you very Matthias and Steinberg. I really appreciate this move.
Fantastic customer service.
Thanks! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Good move, thank you!

I got a couple of questions about the Electronic Libraries of Absolute 2:

1. Is the Graphic Step Modulator in Hypnotic Dance the same as the STEPMOD in HALion, or is it a new type of tool that can be used independently of HD in HALion?

2. Is the “Integrated MorphFilter” in Dark Planet a new type of filter that can be used independently of DP in HALion?

I also have a question (or two, I suppose) about the handling of Absolute continual upgrade costs:

Is the cross/upgrade from Absolute 1 or HALion (or Sonic) a one time deal, so to speak?

In other words, after I “own” licenses for all of the content in Absolute, are they then treated as individual items that needs to be upgraded (since the individual items in the bundle are not released at the same time, typically)?

Thanks very much,
E

Thanks I do appreciate this !!!

That is what I am talking about. Steinberg caring about customers with creativity first in mind.

After buy Cubase Pro 8, Halion Sonic 2, Groove Agent 4, Padshop Pro I am looking forward to get The Absolute VST Instrument Collection 2.

Thank you Steinberg.

Does it include a cross grade from EDU products? I have HALion 5, HALion Sonic 2 and Groove Agent 4 in Edu versions and would be lovely to have more VSTs.

I wish I hadn’t bought it all before. Everything I am missing now
is Zero Gravity :-/

The upgrades are up.

So … does a crossgrade from H5 mean I would have two H5 licenses? (my original one, plus an additional one as part for Absolute 2?)

The cross grade will transform your HALion 5 license to an Absolute 2 license. You won’t have two separate licenses.

Educational products are eligible for the cross grades.

Will your older products still work with the Absolute 2 license? I have Groove Agent 4 but I still use GA3 for some stuff. I wont be able to get the crossgrade if GA3 doesn’t work.

Will your older products still work with the Absolute 2 license? I have Groove Agent 4 but I still use GA3 for some stuff. I wont be able to get the crossgrade if GA3 doesn’t work.

The GA3 license as part of the GA4 license is also included in Absolute 2.

Thanks for the answer, that’s great to hear. I’ll be getting this soon.

Where I can find prices for EDU cross grade from selected software? I do have Halion Sonic 2, Groove Agent 4…
I am student from today and I am interesting to buy Absolute Collection 2.

I cannot find prices at Steinberg website.

Thank you

On my USB eLicenser I currently have H5, HSO (from the Cubase offer), Padshop Pro Extension and Zero Gravity. Will all of these be transformed one Absolute 2 license if I crossgrade?

There is no educational crossgrade. You can crossgrade from an educational version though.