Absolutely Chuffed

Steinberg get a lot of flack for bugs and issues but today i came across a project i created in SX 3 back in 2006 so i thought i would try and open it in Cubase 10.5.20 and to my shock it opened and played , of course all the midi Devices were missing but there was no need to setup the I/O’s .

The only thing i noticed was some of the wav files when loaded came up with a " wave construction failed " . Would this be due to the change of audio engines over the years ?
Don’t get me wrong i’m absolutely over the moon to have the chance to revisit one of my best lost projects from that era so hats off to Steinberg for keeping it real :wink:

Would this be due to the change of audio engines over the years ?

I don’t think so… just the file that has a problem

sounds more like a file corruption - it’s possible Cubase caused this if it crashed or did something weird… but it’s probably more likely something related to your computer, harddrive, or copy-transfer/backup of that project files.

Ahhh ok , it only seems to have happened with that one file so i think your right , ive manged to open all projects from 2007 onwards in 10.5.20 without the same issue