Acc. distance. Negative values

Hi there! Please allow negative values also in the Acc. Distance box. I’d very much like to be able to move accidentals to the left also. Thank you.

Are you sure you know how this works? Please check the manual.

Sorry. I stand corrected.
Still, it would be nice to be able to adjust the position that was calculated automatically (and not have to start from the very close proximity of the note).

What does that actually mean? Are you aware of the Spacing parameters available?

Position 'of the accidental' that was calculated automatically

"And not have to start from the very close proximity of the note"

The problem is that you need to press apply after every “Acc. Dist.” change. Negative values would allow the user to adjust the current position of the accidental (i.e. nudge it to the left or right, as opposed to moving it from 1 to whatever…). Please note “current position” (“auto position”).

Yes, I am (Scores > Settings > Project > Spacings), but they affect the whole project, don’t they?

You start with ‘1’ as the value? Certainly after doing this one time, you would observe that a higher starting value would be needed.

Anyway, you are making a feature request, so noroc!

1 Like

Thanks. Just to let you know, noroc (as an expression) is usually used in the context of gambling (or in the practice of clinking glasses—like “cheers”). We Romanians usually say succes (“I wish you’ll be successful in your endeavor”) when we mean “good luck” or “break a leg”.

But what if I’m drunk already?

succes!

:sweat_smile:
Mulțumesc.