I am using empty noteheads witht he “3 spaces as a notehead”-trick.
By default, the accents on these are pretty inconsistent, but even after adjusting them manually, when reopening a project, they randomly jump around again.
Here’s what I achieved with manual spacing in a violin part some days ago (I know it’s not perfect engraving, but it was consistent):
Here’s how it looked like today after opening the project:
… and after directly closing the project (no edits, no save), and opening again:
so you can see, the issue appears to be random. Sadly, I noticed it after I sent a badly engraved score (which I thought I took care of) to my musicians…