Access codes in e-mail from Steinberg (grace period)

Hi! When having two licenses for Cuabse Elements 11 that are eligible for upgrade to Cuabse Elements 12 (grace period) do also need two different access codes for them, one each for the licenses? I have them on two different USB’s, attached on two different computers. I managed to get one access code for one computer, but not for the other one (the e-mail with the second access code for Cubase Elements 12 is not arrived although Ive gone through the process of getting it a few time now).

Regards from Robin Gardner (my poo-tin be removed from power very soon, he’s a complete asshole!)

Hi,

If any license is in the Grace Period, you don’t get any Activation Code. The license becomes updated automatically, once you start eLCC.

1 Like

Hello Martin,

I’m still wondering how it works and especially if I will miss out on an upgrade here, since the “grace period” will after some time be removed?

I have these three Cubase licenses eligible for a grace period, to be upgraded to version 12:

• Cubase Pro 11
  • Cubase Elements 11
  • Cubase Elements 11

But I have those on three different USB’s and attached to three different computers (at my home).

So far I’ve managed to upgrade two of these but not the third one because I’ve only got two e-mails from Steinberg with new access codes. So far I got one code for upgrading Cubase Pro 11 to Cubase Pro 12 and one code for upgrading Cubase Elements 11 to Cubase Elements 12. But I didnt get a third e-mail with an access code for upgrading my second Cubase Elements 11 to Cubase Elements 12?

I’m just wondering here… But shouldn’t I have have recieved three e-mails altogether for these three different licenses, since “all three have their own grace period” to be upgraded to 12?

Since I only got two e-mails I’ve also only managed to upgrade two of my license (and I can see in their respective eLicenser programs that they actually have been upgraded from Cubase 11 to Cubase 12), but not for my second license of Cubase Elements 11 and since it still says “grace period” while the other two doesnt say that anymore (in their respective eLicenser program). Maybe it doesnt matter and I’m overthinking this?

Thanks for helping out!

//many regards from Robin Gardner

It seems that you are in the same situation as I was. I had a couple of posts regarding the matter …

Grace Period Update to Cubase 12 - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Grace Period Update to Cubase 12 - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I don’t know what the current situation is regarding multiple licenses for the same product. I ended up contacting support to help me make my second Cubase Pro license eligible for the Nuendo crossgrade. Didn’t need two Cubase Pro licenses, and also have another Elements license which I may never use at this point …

Anyway, I think they might have overlooked a few things/somewhat unique situations when designing the new licensing system. Although I would think it to be pretty common to have more than one license of the same product. The crazy thing is … nobody even knows how to transfer or sell a license if no longer needed with the new licensing.

1 Like

I think I read that the problem is purely technical – it has to do with Grace Periods when the account holds more than one of a particular license.

Hi,

Interesting use case, thank you.

For your specific use case, the current situation would help to you. You can use 3 seats of Cubase Pro license for all your 3 computer. So 1 Cubase Pro license is enough for you, you don’t need 3 licenses anymore.

But of course, I understand, you want to get 3 licenses again. I will have a look on this.

Hi Martin,

Here is a screenshot from today, so you can see that the ”grace period license” isn’t updated to Cubase 12:

But I’ve used Cubase 12 anyway today with a project, so maybe the license will change, in the future, automatically?

But, my other licenses doesn’t say this, it says something more like ”it’s been updated to 12”… But I did get tewo e-mails with activations code for those two 11-licenses (Elements and Pro)…

Kind Regards from Robin Gardner

Skickades från E-post för Windows

Hi,

Please, blur the Soft-eicenser Number and the USB-eLicenser Number at your screenshot.

Cubase 12 is not using eLCC anymore. It’s using the new Steinberg Activation Manager, where you should find your Cubase 12 license.

Okej, then I know nothings wrong with my third license.

kind regards from Robin Gardner

Hämta Outlook för Android