accidenmtals with force higher and lower

I’m finding that when entering a note with a chromatic accidental and shift/alt or ctl/alt (force higher and force lower), the accidental is ignored. Possible bug.

Can you provide a bit more information so I can be sure I understand what you’re saying? I don’t like to tell people how to suck eggs, but in order for us to be able to look into a report of a possible problem, we need three key ingredients, with an optional fourth for seasoning: firstly, what steps you took; secondly, what you expected to happen; thirdly, what actually happened. The optional fourth ingredient is to also include an example so that we can reproduce the problems for ourselves. If you want us to look into a problem, it’s much easier for us to do so if you can try to provide all this information up-front. Thanks!

To guess what you might be referring to, if you have an existing note with an accidental and you type Shift+Alt+up arrow, the note will be transposed up by a single half-step (assuming you’re in 12-EDO of course), and its pitch will change: perhaps you’re wanting to respell it to an enharmonic equivalent? If so, try using Alt+= instead, which will respell the note using the note name above the current one (i.e. it’ll respell F# as Gb).

Dan, I think this might come down to what order you’re typing the commands.
“Accidental then Shift/Alt+notename” works for me.
“Shift+Alt+accidental+notename” does not work for me.

edit: Inputting notes would indicate that this is expected order. The “Procedure” section states that the order of events is

3. Note Value.
4. Optionally add accidental.
5. Optionally add articulation. (steps 4 and 5 ARE reversible)
6. Input pitch. The Note about influencing register is here, between steps 6 and 7.
7. Esc or Return to stop note input.

Yes, that’s it. I was inputting in the wrong sequence. Thank you.