Accidental glyph combination doesn't show up right on grace notes

My self-made accidental glyph combination doesn’t show up right on grace notes. The arrow is not in the correct place in relation to the accidental.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-02 um 22.50.13
Is there a way to avoid this?

I have almost zero experience with editing glyphs, so I am taking a bit of a stab in the dark, but providing the information in case it might be of some help to you.

It looks a little different, but this might be usable.

accidentalHalfSharpArrowUp

It can be found at Extended Stein-Zimmermann accidentals - Standard Music Font Layout (SMuFL)

Here’s a slightly different one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6kuvkhl9qwwjhc/SVG%20goodness.svg?dl=0

Shouldn’t the arrow stay in the same position when the size of the accidental changes? Is there no way to fix this?

I tried all alternative accidentals but they are have different arrows. For the regular flats and sharps with arrow I use the extended Helmholz-Ellis accidentals which have the best readable arrows.

The November 2 Font has them but buying them just for 2 accidentals is a bit much …

Positioning within this editing window in Dorico seems fairly buggy regardless of what type element is being edited IME. One thing that seems to really help is paying attention to your Attachment settings. If you click the Attachment tab and you have “Bottom Right” and “Bottom Left” selected, try it using “Baseline Right” and “Baseline Left” and see if that fixes it. I usually get much better results using Baseline attachment points.

There are certainly some problems with the positioning of multiple components in these kinds of music symbols, and it is often scaling the music symbol that exposes the problem. In general you should find that provided the two components in the symbol are attached to each other, it works reasonably reliably. If you would like to attach a minimal project that includes the troublesome accidental, I’d be happy to take a look at it.