Accidentals

Hi,
It’s Peter again.

Please have a close look to the attachment - I put it in via MIDI…

It’s the rough input - just playing the notes from the original :wink:

Any comments?

Peter
Schubert accidentals.png

What’s the point?
This message is not connected to any thread.

The forthcoming Dorico update will feature improved handling of MIDI files, as mentioned by Paul Walmsley in another thread. The update will also include a “respell” utility which will allow you to get rid of all those double sharps.

O!..“respell” will be included in a coming Dorico update? Such a great news!

Respell already exists, mipi (alt-- and alt-+)
notesetter is talking about the facility to select all accidentals and respell as either flats or sharps, which will feature in an update.

I am sorry, pianoleo, I didn’t understand what you mean under (alt-- and alt-+) I am talking about a one single shortcut which would give an ability to respell an accidentals quickly without thinking each time which direction you have to choose. For example:

F# to Gb or Gb to F#,
F## to G or Gbb to F.

I guess you would agree - it is most common situation you need while respelling. Of course Dorico is very intelligent program and you have a possibility to respell for example

F# to E## pressing alt+W or even
Fb to Gbbb pressing just W.

But honestly - how often it will be used?:blush: I am not against this intelligence. It gives a user a full “theoretical” flexibility. Any way I would wish there is just another “flip” option with one single shortcut. At least a possibility to set it. I am pretty sure such additional option would be extremely useful.

Dear mipi,

the keyboard shortcuts {alt + } and {alt + +} are the official shortcuts to respell to the note below or above in Dorico with an English or American keyboard. I have never used yours (alt + W) but maybe you have changed them a while ago and do not remember it…
As I use a french keyboard, my shortcuts are a little bit different, as shown in the picture.

Anyway, in the next update, we will be able to filter to a note (hopefully any ## or bb note) and then apply that shortcut.
Capture d’écran 2017-11-22 à 10.20.29.png

Thank you Marc, I am sorry, you are right - I set it possibly my self and just forgot it, because these default keys commands on a German Keyboard are quite far away from each other. Any way to filter and to apply seems to be still a long way for a usual daily work. I miss totally in Dorico such additional simple key command for flipping accidentals as it was a key command X in Sibelius.