Accordian with only 1 stave?

Just starting with 4.0 and really loving it ! I have a new score with an accordian for which I’ll need only the treble clef stave. Is there a way to make it a one-stave instrument for the entire piece (20+ Flows)?

Many thanks!

1 Like

Thanks Romanos !

I thought about that, but would love to be able to have just one stave at the origin, without having to hide staves later. Is that possible other than just creating a one stave instrument and calling that Accordian ? Doing that I’d probably have to manually set up Note Performer…

You can do it with an XML hack. Only thing is, you can’t import it into an existing Project. You have to open it directly then add your other instruments to it.

Accordian 1 staff.zip (710 Bytes)

1 Like

There is nothing to stop you from hiding it on the first stave as well.

1 Like

@jamwerks
Ciao, io faccio così:

1. in Scrittura

1. in Tipografia seleziono la parentesi e poi Deleted:

Buona Musica

1 Like

@Romanos
Ciao,
ho provato a fare come dici tu ma non funziona (Dorico4). Dove sbaglio? Il rigo è quello per Fisarmonica.

1 Like

This is odd… just to confirm:

1. was this a xml import? (it does not look like it, but I have to ask anyway)
  2. are you sure you are viewing the same layout on screen as you have selected in the layout options?

(google)
Questo è strano… solo per confermare:

1. era un’importazione xml? (non sembra, ma devo chiedere comunque)
  2. sei sicuro di visualizzare sullo schermo lo stesso layout che hai selezionato nelle opzioni di layout?
1 Like

Sì, sono sicuro. Ho provato anche con il rigo del Pianoforte e il problema rimane.
Per me è un Bug
(google)
Yes I’m sure. I also tried the ** Piano ** staff and the problem remains.
For me it’s a ** Bug **

1 Like

@Romanos
Cosa ne pensi?

“Remove Staff” was my first thought too. But that has to be done for each flow, and the O.P. has 20+ flows. Craig’s XML hack is much more efficient.

As for “Allow individual staves of multi-staff instruments to be hidden” not working, we’ll have to see a project in order to tell what’s happening.

2 Likes

@Mark_Johnson
Ciao,
riesci ad eliminare il rigo vuoto? (…senza adoperare il mio escamotage che ho proposto a @jamwerks ovvero tasto destro del mouse sul rigo e poi rimuovi rigo).
Eliminare rigo vuoto.dorico (518.3 KB)

Se è un bug sarebbe bene dirlo a Daniel.

1 Like

There is something about this particular file that doesn’t work.
I also tried opening it in 3.5 and it doesn’t work there either.

But hiding one staff of a Piano works for me in a fresh file in 3.5 and 4.0.

1 Like

se vuoi allega il file così controllo.

1 Like

I don’t want to confuse the thread with an ordinary, working file. I have not seen this problem elsewhere, so I think @dspreadbury or someone would have to look at the file to know what’s wrong.

1 Like

@Mark_Johnson
Ora mi spiego meglio:

1. apri un progetto nuovo con una parte di Pianoforte
  2. scrivi la musica nel solo rigo superiore (mano destra)
  3. prova a cancellare il rigo inferiore seguendo quello che dice il manuale.
    A me non succede nulla!

Questo è quello che reputo sia un bug.
Spero di sbagliarmi.

1 Like

Dear 54, that is what I did. But as I said, it works for me, in both versions of the program. Screenshots not needed. There is nothing more I can add. Please wait for better advice from the Team.

2 Likes

Ok. Grazie

1 Like

Great info here! Happy that others have chimed in.

As it turns out I’ll have about 30 Flows, and thinking about those 30, plus the parts, I’d rather not be hiding staves. Just one more thing to go wrong and to have to think about. I might be better off creating a single staff instrument, then assigning that stave to a Accoridan sound, as I do use Note Performer to check myself.

@jamwerks
Questa è la soluzione giusta.
Buona Musica

1 Like