Accurate Automation of High Pass Filter

Any one care to expand on if LFO tool is more accurate than Shaper Box

Never used Shaper Box so i can’t compare. But with LFO Tool i never had any problem on accuracy at all. :slight_smile:

Yes, the changes from within the LFO-Tool plugin (i.e. the LFO volume modulation) are more or less sample accurate BUT any automation that you do to the plugin (e.g. automating the ‘wet slider’) still suffers from the inaccuracy talked about in this thread, and it will still vary when you change your buffer size.

…BUT any automation that you do to the plugin (e.g. automating the ‘wet slider’) still suffers from the inaccuracy talked about in this thread, and it will still vary when you change your buffer size.

And I already told you that this latency is very fast. It’s basicallly zero. I use a lot of automations in my tracks and the “depth” slider from the LFO Tool is the fastest responding automation I know. Maybe not sample accurate but I can’t imagine a scenario where this automation isn’t fast enough.

Yes, and I then told you that it is equally as slow as the automation issues being discussed in this thread. :slight_smile: If that’s fast enough for you, then great. But for lots of situations, it is not fast enough.

Let me show the initial post:

I need to make quick and accurate automation to High Pass filter.
Do you know > a plugin > that supports > this kind of accurate > automation in Cubase?
I’m willing to consider buying a plugin.

I wanted to help and reccomended the LFO-Tool. I make pretty technical and complex music with a lot of automations. And like I said the accuracy of the LFO-Tool is by far the best one I ever came across. In fact, this plugin is so great for technical stuff, I sometimes used over 120 instances of LFO-Tool in one project. And I change the buffer size a lot because I have to record analog synths.

But for lots of situations, it is not fast enough.

Are you willing to share a scenario where the LFO-Tool isn’t accurate enough? I assume you’ve already tried the plugin. How else do you want to know that it’s not fast enough. :slight_smile:

S1 was spot on until the update with hybrid engine was released… I was unable to break S1’s timing before that… I even tested doing stupid things like adding 2 linear phase EQ’s for a second latency in the signal path and automation was spot on.

HOWEVER, it all got fudged up around the time that link you posted…

But a couple months ago I tested it and it seems solid again.

S1 is something I use for DDP page only… i couldn’t even bare the thought of using it as my main DAW, so rarely check these things… but I could do a current check again if you’re curious.

I’m experiencing exactly this problem. Is there any solution to this?

I didn’t know about this. It saved me. Thank you