Acoustic agent SE missing in Elements 8

I can’t seem to find this, the manual says it should be included,any help appreciated.

I just sent a support request about this very issue. Not sure what’s up with this.

Thanks for that, we’ll have to see what Steinberg have to say.

I got a first response, but I don’t think he quite understood the problem completely. He thought I was just referring to presets. But, I’m missing the whole Acoustic Agent (and presets). As I believe is your problem, correct?

It looks like you’ll have a lot of work to get Acoustic Agent. I don’t even bother to fix it. I’m tired of fixing all this bugs in software :unamused:

This is what I was suspecting. fouled up installer! I’m certainly not going to not have this function. There’s only so much that made upgrading to Elements 8 worthwhile and this is something worthwhile. The only thing that’s weird is the downloaded, extracted Elements 8 installer folder doesn’t have the the files being referenced in this post.

I understand what is needed, or should I say what is wrong with the install, but I don’t want to jump into anything like re-installs, etc. I’m still waiting for a reply back from support. It would be nice if they would just supply the proper files and that’s it. I don’t understand why the support guy didn’t understand the exact issue I was referring to since this is obviously a known issue. Between upgrades/updates and the soft-elicenser anti-piracy crud, it’s always a “hope and pray” thing with software. Although this is the first issue I’ve had with Cubase in quite a while.

I’ll post as soon as I hear anything.

“In contrast to Groove Agent 4 the SE version can only load one Beat Agent at a time. Percussion Agent is not included. The Beat Agent in Groove Agent SE 4 includes 30 drum kits and over 200 ready-to-go grooves while the Acoustic Agent SE comes with ONE drum kit and 20 styles.”

Yeah, but ONE drum kit is still more than 0 :wink: Maybe I don’t need it (maybe) but it’s nice when you get what you paying for

I think this is the missing file (FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound) that we need to have for Acoustic Agent to run. How can we get it? :question:

I think if you can find this file and place it here (C:\Users[windows user name]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\Groove Agent\FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound) then it should work.

My folders tree stops on “content” level :wink: No Groove Agent folder. File doesn’t exist on my hdd

You may very well be right. But it does not exist as part of the 2.7 GB upgrade install file that was downloaded from Steinberg. Nor, is it anywhere to be found once installed.

I did a complete uninstall of Cubase and eLicencer, removing all remnants of Cubase in Windows and the Registry and then re-downloaded and re-installed and same thing. No Acoustic Agent.

My email dialog with support has gone quiet so far today. I wish I would get some response. Even to acknowledge it is actually a problem.

I’ve also sent in a support request,have to wait and see if any more info is forthcoming.

I got the complete install media (a 9.1 GB .iso file) for Cubase 8 Pro via MySteinberg/My products. Have you tried that?

I have paid for the the upgrade from Cubase Elements 7 to Cubase Elements 8. I don’t believe I can get what you have. Thanks

I just got the same generic “form” response back. I asked to be sent to another support level. (if there’s is such a thing)

My support guy seems to be stuck in the fact that I don’t have the “Filters” setup correctly so that I’m not seeing everything. This is not the case. There is no “Acoustic Agent” or Acoustic Agent “Presets” in my installation. Period. :imp:

Or else, I’m getting completely fooled by this Cubase game of content “Hide and Go Seek”. :confused:

Quite so, certainly looks like an installer problem in that it doesn’t get installed.

Here is a thread from kvr audio. And an official from steinberg answers that the acoustic agent is not included in the elements version. BS! I bought this because of the acoustic agent. It is advertised an the elements product page and in the “what du I get” video. Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Elements 8 trial and Cubase Elements 8 - Page 4 - Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.) Forum - KVR Audio

Total BS…although, I’m not sure if they know exactly what they’re talking about. I’m mean someone got paid at Steinberg to put a whole section in the manual (plus! indicating ““Elements Only””) Explaining how to use Acoustic Agent. :unamused:

Something is definitely odd about this. Support seems to be a bit clueless about the whole thing. :blush:

I’m surprised how quickly people will just blow it off and say “moving on”.

I upgraded as well and was sent a smaller upgrade file (about 4 GB), and were missing files also. That’s why I had to download the big package.

From Cubase 8 Updates and Downloads | Steinberg

Cubase Elements 8 - Complete Installation

No DVD drive available? Lost the purchased download installation files?

With Cubase Elements 8 registered in your MySteinberg account you can find all necessary files for a complete installation under "My products" -> "Downloads".

It’s worth a try, isn’t it?

All I have in “My Products” area is a download for a 2.8 GB Windows file and a 2.6 GB Mac file. Are referring to the “Pro” “Artist” or “Elements” versions?