Acoustic agent SE missing in Elements 8

I was referring to Elements - I thought that maybe it was the same procedure for all editions regarding downloadable upgrades (i.e. the smaller upgrade download is meant to be installed over a previous version of cubase - if it’s not then you’re going to miss some content).

Are you absolutely positive that the missing parts really is included in Elements? The cubase 8 pro install media includes these files:

Cubase 8\Cubase 8 for Windows\Additional Content\VST Sound\FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound

Cubase 8\Cubase 8 for Windows\Additional Content\VST Sound\FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound

For the record; me too (and Acoustic Agent missing). Upgraded from 6.

Well, here’s the rundown; First the website says Elements comes Groove Agent SE4. See link.

So, I realize that that isn’t thoroughly specific, so here is what the site says is the difference between Groove Agent 4 and SE4. Scroll down and see the line up.

Then if that’s not enough, there’s the manual for Groove Agent SE4. Here’s a screenshot of the manual. I find it hard to see it any other way.

Also, I do understand and accept that it’s limited in some way (mainly, I believe there’s only one Kit preset) but still part of the program.

I have actually seen Acoustic Agent Presets and an Acoustic Agent folder but no actual Acoustic Agent .vstsound file

Checkout this directory on your installation:

C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Groove Agent Common\GA Sub Presets\Style Files

Yep, those are the “styles” data files. There’s definitely some of the directories that I believe are meant to be used, but as you point out the important part is missing.

From what I can gather, either during the initial install setup when updates were being downloaded (at least with my install) something didn’t take or else there are .msi files in the \Cubase LE AI Elements 8 for Windows\Additional Content\VST Sound that should probably extract content that either are broken or just missing. Or, who knows… :confused:

It seems that no one has ever confirmed the availability of Acoustic Agent in the Elements 8 version of Groove Agent SE 4. Has anyone?

Not from a human being at Steinberg. BUT…

I got a message today that my support ticket has been “escalated” to the next level and they want to speak with me on the phone. I just need to confirm a time and hopefully some sort of resolution will take place.

Although I would think the manual is somewhat proof that it was meant to be there at one time.

I haven’t even had a reply to my support request, I hope you get somewhere with this.

Seriously STEINBERG? Why is there such an inconsistency in your informations? The manual of Cubase Elemtents 8 clearly states that Acoustic Agent is part of Elements 8. Don’t believe me? Go ahead and download the manual of Cubase Elements 8 from the download section and go to the PDF Groove Agent SE.

So what now Guillermo? On KVR you stated its not included but the manual tells us otherwise. Whats with the fact people might have bought it because reading the manual and see its included to realise its not?

Not to mention that in the product feature page on website they claim 120+ drum kits for AgentGroove SE, whereas I got only 96 actually available and the rest is missing… so if not for acoustic agent what the hell does that difference account for?

That’s a good point.

I’m tentatively suppose to speak with support at 2:30 PM E.S.T. We’ll see what happens. I’ll update you guys when I get something worthwhile.

Looking forward to hear what steinberg says. It’s clear that they made a mistake by either releasing a corrupted installer or by wrongfully advertising. I do hope that they will just provide a link to the missing files for download.

Well, that was an interesting phone call. And unfortunately I’m not holding out a lot of hope. So here’s a rundown.

1. It’s confirmed that it’s not installing and not present on my HDD. (I’m certain this is the case for everyone)
  1. Confirmed it’s missing in the installer.
  2. Support can’t confirm Acoustic Agent is suppose to be part Cubase of Elements 8.
  3. Support must contact Steinberg Germany to verify problem. (will take up to 3 business days) :frowning:
  4. Support suggests that the manual is a “typo”. :laughing: :unamused:
  5. I say that’s a rather huge “typo”! (and the website is stating and advertising this in a misleading way.)
  6. Support says if it turns out not to be part of the program and this is a show stopper I can get a refund.
  7. I say, well that’s a bummer and you’re going to have many more people upset. While I got a pretty good deal for being an early upgrade, it’s the principal more than the price. But, for anyone paying the regular price, I said I think it’s not worth it to upgrade from Elements 7 to Elements 8.

So, I’m waiting for a response from Steinberg. There seems to be a pretty big disconnect between Steinberg USA or actually Yamaha Corp. and Steinberg Germany, who I guess calls the shots.

Anyone thinking about upgrading and not having this feature is a concern, I would wait until this is confirmed.

Thanks for the update. That IS a huge typo?!? :laughing: I understand that support can do much, so I really hope that they return with good news or else I’m in for that refund. Acoustic agent was the only reason for me to upgrade.

Try this

Way past this stage. If you’re dealing with this situation with an upgrade to “ELEMENTS 8” this is not your solution. Don’t wast your time. Well, don’t waste your time trying to find the Acoustic Agent. Changing the attributes to “Library Name” is a good idea as matter of ease using GA.

A good question that I don’t think has been addressed here at the forum yet.

Has anyone actually bought the version of Elements 8 that isn’t an upgrade? Meaning, you spent $99.00.

If so, what was the size of the downloaded file? and, was Acoustic Agent present?

Well, I am too super ready for the fore mentioned refund… and the “typo” thing is embarrasing, let’s see now what the boys in Germany have to say… Thanx for the update Soundperf !

It seems like the acoustic agent files can’t be loaded and aren’t supported by cubase elements 8. I’ve just tried running elements on my cubase pro rig - elements can only load a subset of the content included in the full cubase pro installation.

You know I was about to just suck it up and let this one go and move on, but the more I think about it the more I think it’s BS. I mean, how can they say on their website that Elements 8 comes with Groove Agent SE 4 and not give any qualifiers and not include everything that their website says comes with Groove Agent SE 4?

Almost like they rushed this thing to market, or worse…

it looks like they’re in no rush to correct the website upon learning this information so that people in the meantime aren’t making misinformed purchases.

Once again for anyone that care, I point you to the Steinberg website.