This is something I used regularly on C7.5 and older:
- Create an instrument track
- Make a MIDI clip
- Go into the MIDI clip
- Use the pencil tool and add a couple of 16th notes
- Make sure the “Acoustic feedback” button is lit
- Click and hold with the mouse - drag a note up and down - you hear audio from the VSTi
- Select a note with the mouse - now press up/down on the keyboard - you hear nothing
This seems to only happen on some VSTis and I can’t figure out why.
It also only seems to happen on short notes. In fact, if I enlarge these notes to 8th notes, then this DOES work OK.
Try this project:
“Warmth” works (with keyboard).
“Meh” does not.