Activate MixConsole/Editor zones with MIDI?

Hi,
Is it possible to activate the different zones (MixConsole/Editor) at the bottom, using the MIDI Remote Controller?

Hi, you mean for example the alt+f3 → MixConsole in project window?
You can do this, sure. In the mapping assistant browse to Devices-> MixConsole Lower Zone.
I attach here a screenshot from the commands section, but it is pretty similar as seen later.

Other editors can be found here:

And a more generic approach here:
εικόνα

2 Likes

That’s friggen awesome! Thanks

PS: I’ve mapped the lower MixConsole and MIDI editor but I can’t find the MIDI Remote in the menu to map it

True! Since this was added in CB12, I have to guess they forgot this one. There is a command inside the midi remote window “Open Midi Remote in Lower Zone”, I guess this will be added in the future :slight_smile:

The bad thing is that you can’t do this by proxy (in the meantime, until the command is added to the list in some later version of Cubase) with the Surface Editor I think.

If we could assign macros in the Surface Editor, you could make a macro (“open lower zone editor” adjacent to MIDI remote, and then Next Tab). But this would only work with a script, I don’t think I could assign macros in the Surface Editor last time I checked.

Why not?

εικόνα

Oh, they’re there? :ok_hand:t3: Must be a long time since I checked then!

Yes, you probably do mostly scripting nowadays :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by this. where do I find that “Open Midi Remote in Lower Zone”? And where would I find this in the key commands to make a macro?

This is not a command implemented as far as I can see and stated above. It exists however here, this is why I think it will be included in an update:
εικόνα

You can’t, since this command doesn’t exist. What you can do however as stated by @ggmanestraki , is to make a macro so that you can move to the midi remote tab.

For example, place the midi remote tab next to the mixConsole one:

Now, create a macro:

εικόνα

What this macro really does is to show the mixConsole and then just move to the next tab, which the way we’ve arranged it, corresponds to the Midi Remote.

Finally, you can bind this macro from inside the Midi Assistant to whichever control you want.

3 Likes