Activating Cubase 7 after trial...

Hi guys,

My trial period has expired for my Cubase 7 trial and I’d like to activate it to the full registered version. When i open Cubase 7 now it says “Start Licence activation” and if i click on that it asks for a Licence activation code. Where do i get this from? I want to buy the full version and I’m just wondering if it’s possible to turn this expired trial version into the full registered version? It’s really not easy to work this out, i know i’m new to Cubase but this type of process should be simple.

Thanks

Farcs

Go to the online shop and buy Cubase there. Then it will give you an activation code.
Unfortunately, you may not be able to buy a download version. Many updates or upgrades are available as downloads but an original version may only be available in the box (it may come with several DVDs). In that case you will have to wait for the box to arrive because the activation code will be in the box. I think the Elements version can be downloaded immediately but the Artist and full versions come with some content that is not in the trial.
HTH
J.L.

Thanks for that, i purchased the boxed version(download option not available) so hopefully when it arrives i can use that activation key to activate my trial and keep the box version for back up.

Thanks again.

Farcs

Sounds great, but remember, when you get the discs, I recommend running the installer because I am fairly sure you will find some new presets and content afterward. The trial is advertised as “fully functioning” but that doesn’t mean “all the content”. I am certain the C6 trial did not have all the content of the full version. I have not purchased C7 but maybe someone can confirm.
J.L.

Do you think it will install over the trial version i have installed, e.g. will it recognise i have the trial and install accordingly any features not included in the trial or will i have to uninstall the trial?

Farcs