Activation Code not found

Activation Code not found. Make sure that the code has been entered in the eLicenser Control Center.

I just brought an downloaded the correct upgrading package after purchasing the wrong one (see this thread for more about that) and after installing the product I went to Register eLicenser / software & Enter Download Access Code which was emailed to me, I get the message above.

However, when using the access code in the elicencer, I am told that “Currently there is no licence available which can be upgraded by your upgrade licence. Please connect an USB-elicencer which holds an upgradable licence to your computer.”

What can I do to fix this problem?

Hi,

From which Cubase so you upgrade to which Cubase, please?

Elements 9 to 9.5

Are you sure your Cubase Elements 9 is activated on that computer (eLicenser)? Are you sir you order the right upgrade? Are you sir you didn’t get an upgrade to Elements 9.5 for free thanks to the Grace Period?

Are you sure your Cubase Elements 9 is activated on that computer (eLicenser)?

No. I got it in February last year as part of a deal re a purchase of hardware. I did not actually start using it until not so long ago this year

Are you sir you order the right upgrade?

yes. At first I ordered the wrong upgrade and have requested a refund. In the meantime I have purchased the correct upgrade. I can now use ('5 on my computer, but would still like to licence it.

Are you sir you didn’t get an upgrade to Elements 9.5 for free thanks to the Grace Period?

No. I paid for the upgrade.

When did you activated your Cubase Elements 9 license for the very first time?

According to the screenshot in W1llam’s post at Not what I ordered - #16 by W1llam - Cubase - Steinberg Forums, there’s a license for Elements 9.5 already in the account.

The screenshot that is needed for a definitive answer to this would be one of your licenser control center.

Actually this is my guess for the whole time, the license has been upgraded to 9.5 by the Grace Period.

That would appear to be the case, indeed.

Well here is a screenshot of my licenser control center

I am getting the impression by the comments that the product was automatically licenced?

It’s just as Martin suggested,

Ask Steinberg to refund the upgrade you bought.