Activation/eLicencer woes

Hi,
I recently upgraded to Dorico 5 (from 4) and I having trouble with activation.
I did try to follow all the steps here, but it didn’t work for me.

I tried creating a support ticket, but was directed to Yamaha Australia. Experience with them tells me they will never get back, so here I am. Here’s the error message I get - seems there’s nothing to fix? Or perhaps I am misunderstanding something?

I tried once more and got this:

You have to use the Steinberg activation manager instead.
You have already moved the license from the eLicenser to the new system when you moved from 3.5 to 4.

Jesper

Thanks but that’s what I’ve been doing.
I get this in the Activation Manager and click the yellow exclamation mark
Screen Shot 2024-06-17 at 2.26.39 pm
Which takes me to: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/4412560691986-Steinberg-Licensing-Verification-Pending-or-Expired?utm_content=verification-pending&utm_medium=steinberg-activation-manager&utm_source=IAP

However the steps don’t work for me - leaving me with the dialogs I posted above.

Your screenshot shows the eLicenser, not the Activation Manager. What happens if you log in to your account at Steinberg.net and check Show Steinberg Licensing-based products? Did you redeem your download access code?

If you have already been working with Dorico 4 you will never need the eLicenser program again.

Jesper

yes that’s what I tried. Ended up here:

But you said you already have Dorico 4. Maybe you bought the wrong update?
That’s the update from 3.5 to 5 not from 4 to 5. And it looks like you already moved from the elicenser to the new activation system.

Jesper

Yes, you’re right - I’ve accidentally purchased:
Dorico Pro 5 Update from Dorico Pro 1 / 2 / 3 / 3.5
I’ve emailed the shop to see if they can help me.
Arggh what a mess!

I’m sure they can refund you so that you can get the correct version.
Also cheaper.

Jesper

Maybe @dspreadbury can help

I got it as part of a sale, but yeah, cheaper would be amazing!
Thanks for your help.

de nada

Jesper

@dazzjazz, if you still need help with this, please send me a private message including the order number from our online shop for the Dorico 3.5 to Dorico 5 update you’ve mistakenly bought, and I will arrange for your order to be refunded so you can buy the correct update.

Thanks Dan, I got it sorted.
Cheers
Darren