Activation issues after update to Dorico 4.1

Even after restart, it does not work. Nor after safety mode.
Here is the problem report.

DORICO 4.1 Problem Report-2.pdf (114 KB)

Hi @massy ,
in PDF format the crash reports are of no use for us. Can you please pick them up in the raw format as can be found at the directory mentioned by Daniel? Just compress them to a zip archive and post here.
Also, is there only one Dorico crash file? Are there other crash files from the VSTAudioEngine process or the Steinberg Activation Manager. If so, please also zip them up and post. Thanks

I found the way to jip.
Sorry for bothering you.

DORICO 4.1 Problem Report.zip (243 KB)

Hi @massy ,
sorry, that did not work out, that file is somehow corrupt or so.
Please go in Finder to the directory as mentioned by Daniel, then highlight one or more crash files, do a right click and then from the pop-up menu Compress item (or similar, I’m not 100% sure about the menu text). The zip file that gets created then please post here. Thanks

Hi Ulf,
I did as you instruc, I can view the text on Mac.
It was created by ‘Pages’ and ‘Folder’.
massy

Ok, How about the file createde by ‘TexEdit’?
Massy

DORICO 4.1 Problem Report2.zip (8.76 KB)

Thanks for providing the crash log, @massy. It looks like Dorico is crashing when trying to update the lyrics font styles in your user library file. Would you be able to go to /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 4 and find the userlibrary.xml file in there? Move it out of the way (e.g. to your desktop), and Dorico should start up. If you could zip up and attach the userlibrary.xml file here, I should be able to find out why it’s causing a crash and hopefully fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks, Dorico 4.1 starts up after removing the userlibrary.xml file.
Here is the file.
Massy

userlibrary.xml.zip (20.9 KB)

Thanks for sending this through. It turns out we have already seen this problem since we released Dorico 4.1 last week and we have a fix ready to go for our next update. I’m not sure when that update will come, but we’ll discuss as a team when to do another release in the near future.

1 Like