Activation of Cubase 12 on [permanently] offline computer

Hello,
I am contemplating upgrading from Cubase 11 Pro. But I have a concern. I am aware that once we have activated a computer on Cubase 12, we are not required to reconnect to the internet for refreshing. However, in my case, my main console has no connection to the internet at all; nor do I intend to attempt to connect it.

Does Steinberg have any means of allowing me to activate Cubase 12 on an offline computer? I have worked around this predicament in the past by using a dongle.

Hi,

Yes, it’s possible. On the offline computer generate the license request file. Transfer the file to the online computer. Generate the license file out of the request file. Transfer the license file to the offline computer.

Thank you, sir!

Hi, Trying to activate Cubase 12 Pro Trial on an offline computer, but the product does not appear when I load the request file from the offline PC. Any advice appreciated. With thanks, Tom.

Hi,

I don’t know for sure, but it might be, this option is not available for the Trial version. Please get in contact with your local Steinberg support.

Hi, Tom,
Have you installed the Library Manager? My copy wouldn’t run without it.

Thanks for the reply. Have installed it on an internet connected PC to trial it.