ADAC question, por favor...

I’ve never used RME converters so I can’t speak on those but
the RME pcie stuff just works day after day, year after year.
I’ve owned the Hammerfall 9652 (pci) and currently the Raydat (pcie)
Had the Hammerfall for many years but had to ditch it when I went 64 bit.
If not for that it would still be working perfectly.

Can’t say enough good things about the drivers and stability.

Why did you have to retire the 9652 for 64 bit?

Cheers, Jeff Gainor
at Digital Audio Studio

No more PCI slots available on PC …

Fredo

That board has at least one PCI slot. Not that it matters.

I’m still struggling to make the decision between a 4790k and a 5820k. The platform will decide if I’ll retire my Lynx. I’d love the more powerful “future-proof” option, but it ends up being a bit much when replacing other components.

Ok, yes that is a problem.
Then I guess we have bought one of the last 2011-socket mainboards with a PCI slot, a while ago.
So it seems, the next PC upgrade will send the Hammerfall 9652 into oblivion. Pity, actually …
Well, the main systems have RayDATs, already. So it won’t matter that much, I guess.

Cheers, Jeff

The original RME card didn’t have 64bit drivers.
I checked several times and asked at the RME forum.
It was the older PCI version and they just didn’t want to create the drivers I guess.

Hi, Rotund

It must be a special old card you have. We run a PCI Hammerfall 9652 on Win 8.1 in the editing suite as we speak.
This Hammerfall card is 13 years old and works in Windows 64bit for maybe 4 years, now, whenever RME
released 64bit driver for the lot and we upgraded to a new Win64 bit PC, then.

The current driver is Version 4.06, 02/04/2015 for ALL HDSP/HDSPe MADI, AES, RayDAT, 9632, 9652, AIO, MADIface, Multiface, Digiface, RPM on Win XP to Win8, 32 & 64 bit.
http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads.php?page=content/downloads/en_downloads_driver&subpage=content/downloads/en_downloads_driver_hdspe

Do I get something wrong there?
Anyway, it works like a charme, no matter if stuck in a 64 or 32 bits machine.

Cheers, Jeff