Add a red line below the content of selected tracks

Please, add a red line below the content of selected tracks. Thank you.

Screenshot

Hi,

I’m just wondering, what is your use case or problem, you want to solve?

What’s your expectation in the multi-selection (multiple tracks are selected) case, please?

My use case (long answer)

In order to edit something in a project with 80 tracks (32 staves in the score editor), it’s a bit tiresome to keep looking at the Track List (to make sure you’re not copying / splitting / resizing / etc the wrong MIDI part).

One suggestion would be to color the tracks differently, but I’d rather not do it, because I want my template to look like this:

• Green, for parts containing MIDI notes only (staff track).
  • Grey, for parts containing controller information only (expression track).
    These grey tracks allow me to control the expression (gain, attack, release, pitch-bend, etc) of principal (1st) and supporting (2nd) oboe / flute / etc. independently, while both play on the same stave.

There’s also a “C” articulation, which — if selected — will make both patches (instruments) receive — at the same time — the same MIDI note message (while the expression can still be edited/added independently).
Screenshot (Expression Map window)

(short answer)

If a red line would show the content of the selected track/tracks, I would’t have to look at the Track List more than once (to select the tracks I need to edit). Then, I could copy / paste / etc. without rolling my eyes back and forth.

Enlarge Selected Track wouldn’t help.

I would expect that with every new track selection I would get a new red line. In other words, below the content of every selected track should be a red line (solid, dashed, doesn’t matter — but visible).

1 Like