Add common CC names close to the CC number

Hello all,

When selecting Add Automation in the Key Editor it would be useful to add the common CC names close to the CC number, e.g. for CC 0-9 (in bold what is currently displayed)

CC 0 Bank Select (MSB)
CC 1 Modulation Wheel (MSB)
CC 2 Breath Controller (MSB)
CC 3
CC 4 Foot Pedal (MSB)
CC 5 Portamento Time (MSB)
CC 6 Data Entry (MSB)
CC 7 Volume (MSB)
CC 8 Balance (MSB)
CC 9

2 Likes

I agree. It would be very useful to be able to add an alias to any CC. (And to have those aliases tied to Endpoints).

3 Likes

I agree, and it would be useful to also be able to override/customize CC lane names for instruments using generic available CC which are specific to that instrument. I recently started using SampleModeling strings which utilizes many “undeclared” CCs and it can be hard to remember which number does what when automating (usually have to keep a chart open to refer).

It would be very useful to be able to add an alias to any CC.

VERY useful. CC’s are crucial to any VST instrument, and VST instruments in no way are consistent in their assignment of the task of any particular CC. So even a “typical use” name assignment is not really useful. Those typical assignments go way back. In those days their use was much more consistent. In those days most people didn’t have cell phones.

I admit that I would, like I suggested in the past, be happy to be able to customize these names by expression map. There is so much, today, going over the old standards from the General MIDI era.

Paolo

1 Like