- I’ve created new Playing Techniques
- Imported them in a drum kit
- exported the drum kit as new
- created a new percussion map for my VST plugin and exported
Now, every time I create a new project I have to import the drum kit and the percussion map, then load Addictive Drums 2 vst plugin and assign it to the relative percussion map…
Is there anyway to set all this by default?
anyway, in the percussion map I’ve set the midi note 39 to play “Closed Soft snare tap” note (which is present in the Addictive Drums 2 map), assigned to a technique I created and then added to the snare n the drum kit I’m using with a round notehead. Dorico tells me “! The appearance for this playing technique is not unique” … because it has the same notehead of the “natural” snare hit…can this be a problem?
I’ve setup other two midi notes a the same way for the ride (low):
- bell ride cymbal note …set as diamond notehead
- shaft ride cymbal note …set as X notehead…same as the “natural” cymbal note
Despite my settings all the custom note I set up are being played as high A note (treble cleff) with X notehead and when I playback them, they sound as “Crash Cymbal 1”
all this apply only if input notes by the real time midii recording feature…If I input notes manually everything works fine…
Real time midi recording it’s a killer feature, but still needs a lot of improvements…I’m experiencing a lot of issues with it