Unfortunately I have no iOS device.
Hi!
I’m using a custom Dirac Live solution (MiniPC + sound card), which introduces even more latency compared to MiniDSP (tens of milliseconds)
So it would be great to be able to compensate this delay when playing a video (by shifting it to the left by a certain number of ms)
regards, Alex
Thanks @Fredo for the advice !
I’ve just use Catchin Sync to calculate the delay between my Nuendo and a Samsung TV via a blackMagic Card (Ultra Studio Monitor 3G). I found 255ms, that’s 6 images in 25fps !
As a long-time NUENDO user, I rely heavily on the Video Offset. I understand that the offset value needs to change with different codecs, frame rates, and aspect ratios, but it would be a huge improvement to my workflow if we could save these settings as presets. Being able to easily save and recall different offset values would be very helpful.
It certainly helps me to convert everything to ProRes LT work prints before importing into Nuendo. That way I can just keep my 47ms offset as the default.
Thank you for your comment, Rodney_Gates.
My company primarily focuses on commercial work. In my NTSC environment, the standard for broadcast is 1920x1080 at 59.94i. However, for web media, we handle a mix of materials with various frame rates such as 23.98, 24, 30, and 60 fps, as well as different aspect ratios like vertical video.
Furthermore, we often receive video files from our editors right before work begins, making it impractical to transcode them into a specific format beforehand.
Ideally, the ability to change offsets for each video track individually would further improve our workflow. However, given the current specifications, even just having presets for the Video Offset would be a significant improvement.
Are you aware of or have you tried Non-lethal Applications Video playback software?
Not sure, but It might help mitigate the limitations of the Nuendo engine?
I have used Video Sync 6 Pro before, and the ability to integrate and control the Work Video within the NUENDO application is extremely important.
While some external software and hardware solutions can be stable, a SyncStation becomes essential if you aim for perfect synchronization.
Our company owns about 10 SyncStations, but for regular tasks, outputting NUENDO’s Video Track through DeckLink hardware is a far more rational workflow.
I’m going to buy a Trinnov Nova and I think I should shift it to the right and not to the left.
Yes! you are right! ![]()
regards