Add outside Plugin to Master Rig

I would like to add one or more of my Universal Audoio Plug-ins to the Wave Lab 9.5 Master Rig permanently, so that when I open Master Rig, it is there among the Steinberg Set of Mastering Plug-ins. Currently when I call up any of my non Steinberg plug-ins, they pop up as stand alone and not with the Master Rig window or part of that set. Is there a way to accomplish this, if so please share your thoughts and experiences.

I doubt Steinberg will add this feature but I have heard of a plugin called Metaplugin:

You could load Master Rig and your UA plugin in to Metaplugin so it becomes one plugin.

I have never used this plugin so I can’t speak for it and I would use caution if you try it in WaveLab and make sure there are no issues with the rendered files when using this plugin.

I would like to add one or more of my Universal Audoio Plug-ins to the Wave Lab 9.5 Master Rig permanently

Why don’t you add your extra plugin to another Master Section slot? This is done for that.

Re Metaplugin - I note that the VST version has eight inputs and outputs regardless of how many are being used. The current version of WaveLab will not work with this (in my experience) in montages with less than eight channels; it used to, and hopefully this will become possible again.

Paul

I would love to see the possibility of adding 3rd party plug-ins directly into Wavelab’s Master Rig. Its possible in Ozone, why not add it to Wavelab? It would really up the game and let us use that favorite plugin-in that everyone has, without leaving the rig.

Right now, the only way is to use this workaround:

1.) Master RIG (Instance 1 - without Limiter / Maximizer)
2.) 3rd Party Plugin
3.) Master RIG (Instance 2 - with Limiter / Maximizer).

Might also improve performance if it were possible directly within the MasterRig.

Cheers