Add track images in a batch?

Hello,

I am using Cubase 10.5 and i have a template with 1500+ tracks. I would like to add images to these in the mixer: violins, brass, winds, etc…

However, i cannot find a way to add images in a batch. I have about 400 strings tracks. I would like to add the same image to all of them, but i don’t seem to find a way to do so. Quite dredful to drag and drop thousands of track pictures…

Regards,

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way. The only way is to do it track by track.

Thanks Martin,

That is what i was afraid of… I’ll bare with the pain to do this task…

Cheers,
Aleksi.

Hi again,

Actually, it’s a bug. In previous versions, this was possible. The last version, when this was working, is Cubase 9.5.

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

I can imagine, you don’t want to add 400 pictures one by one. Therefore you might try to open your template in Cubase 9.5 and add the Track Pictures in Cubase 9.5. Then you can save it and reopen it in Cubase 11.

Myself, I would probably handle it as a template with other name, or just as a common project first. Just to make sure, you don’t break your large Cubase template by opening it in Cubase 9.5. In any case, I would have any kind of backup of the template.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the tip. Well, i went away and did the 1500 tracks one by one. It had to be done, so… :wink:

On the other hand, i would suggest Steinberg a couple of things. But mainly the resolution of the images. The built-in images have been there probably from Cubase SX, and are quite outdated. And when new images are imported, they end up very pixelated. Cubase deserves a better image treatment, especially with Retina and 4K resolution screens.

Cheers,
Aleksi.