Add VSTi key command shortcut

@Johnny_Moneto Dude, please don’t be rude to other users because you have a problem with their language. Trying to understand, sure, but you don’t need to be condescending or to lecture someone else about language, especially when they’re doing their best and it may very well not be their first language. Please don’t.

1 Like

@psynir
I felt like I understood what you were asking for, even if my idea of implementation was a bit different.

To me it seems like a very straightforward request … any time you press an assigned key while in Cubase, it creates a new track with the instrument you want. Any number of pre-assigned instruments would behave the same way. If you press the same key 10 times, you would expect to have 10 new instrument tracks all of the instrument type assigned to that key binding.

Is there something I’m missing in that interpretation? I don’t feel like there is anything ambiguous about it at all. It just makes sense on it’s face to me. I can’t think of any reason there would be any more complexity to it than that.

This is exactly what i want
So simple
And so much time saving .
Cubase do all kind of less importent stuff then this .

1 Like

I hope now @Johnny_Moneto will understand what i mean

@psynir
If you can use one of your votes for this idea, I may also be able to get at least one or two more people on board so we can at least get the vote count up to four or more, and hopefully some others will like the idea enough to to join and get some real visibility to Steinberg devs to show how much something like this is wanted.

I still think this is not the right feature request. Imho, a better request would be for a proper, flexible macro system that can accept input as parameters to macro functions. Then this and many other things would be possible. That would get my vote. Not this one, because for me it is rather irrelevant, tbh.

@fese
I get what you’re saying, and I honestly have no idea which, if either, Steinberg devs would be willing to try solving with enough votes. I’m also not sure which would end up being more work to implement once refined, though it feels like macro functionality would be harder. With so many requests and bug reports to deal with, I feel like any big asks won’t get a lot of traction, but I’m hoping a simpler ask with enough votes would get enough traction to at least solve one problem.

That said, if you are willing to start another feature request with a macro ask and vote for it, I can try retracting one of my other votes to vote for yours as well if you’d be willing to vote on this too.

@Johnny_Moneto, @kraftboy, @raino, if any of you would be willing to vote on this idea as well, that would be awesome, but it’s okay if not. I have one more ask from a friend, and I’m greatly hoping it would be possible to get enough votes for visibility on this one. I’m not sure if I can retract enough votes from other threads (I do hope that is possible) to return votes for something you want in return, but I’m willing to try.

My hope is that if such key commands were implemented, we could further request that it is exposed through Remote MIDI as well, which would open the idea beyond just limited key space from the keyboard. The idea can probably be refined as well, but hopefully still simple enough in concept that devs would be willing to pick it up.

Think about how much steps you need to open the vst-i you want

1-open vst with f11 (or whatever key you use)
2-go with the mouse to the choose
3-click the mouse
4-serch the vst (hope you will not have mistake on writing )
5-press enter
6-choose stereo

1 Like

Steinberg lose her young generation becuse of this small stuff
Today everyone want to work fast .

Next time when you want to open vst-i
And you do all this to open it

1-open vst with f11 (or whatever key you use)
2-go with the mouse to the choose
3-click the mouse
4-serch the vst (hope you will not have mistake on writing )
5-press enter
6-choose stereo

Just think how fun it was if you only have to press one key like in my video :wink:

Vote for this
It will change the workflow

@fese @Johnny_Moneto @raino @kraftboy

I prefer to vote for something that is useful you me, thank you very much.

Fair enough, no harm no foul.

It was indeed not very clear at the beginning. I understood, that you were searching for a shortcut to open certain already existing VSTis. This would be easily possible, by using the PLE along with macros.

Now creating certain tracks with certain VSTis is easily possible with autohotkey, but not with built in Cubase functions (yet).

Can you share the hotkeys file please?

Would have to script them feom scratch, as I don’t use these myself.

But aren’t you on Mac? There autohotkey wont work, and you would need something like Hammerspoon (which I never used and don’t know well).