Adding a new tempo

I rarely have tempo changes so I don’t work in the tempo track a lot. In the past, the only way I could find to add a new tempo was clicking on a point in the tempo track, then invariably screwing around to get it into the exact place if I miss with the mouse.

I thought there must be an easier way and I should just rtfm. I mean, I want to change the tempo at the beginning of bar 21, so surely there’s a non-mousing-around method to just navigate to that measure, hit a button, and type in the new tempo. Right?

If there is, it’s not apparent to me after reviewing the manual. Am I missing something fundamental here, or is mousing around in the tempo track the only way to add a tempo change at a specific location? If someone could point me to the appropriate section of the manual I’d be most grateful.

Hi,

You have to somehow make a new tempo node. This is possible only by click. Then in the Info Line you can stop the exact values.

Or if you already have the time defined, where the tempo should change, you can place the project cursor anywhere behind the now and type the new tempo value in the Transport Panel. The new cake is applied to the nearest node on left.

Hey, Martin.

Thanks very much for the info. I’ll try the Transport Panel approach, I wasn’t aware of that one.

Btw, to jump to the Tempo field, you can use Shift+T Key Command [Enter Tempo].

Excellent, thanks!