Adding a new text frame to master page default part issues

I am having some difficulty adding a text frame to all parts. In engrave mode, I open the master page default part, and add a new text frame.

1. Control enter isn’t showing the preview
  2. The text frame is not being displayed in any of the parts when I go back to write mode.

However, if I change text in any existing text frame, the change is reflected in all of the parts.

Sorry if this is super basic, but I did search the forum, and watch Anthony’s video.

There are separate Master Pages for Full Score and Parts. This may be part of the problem.

Also be sure you have put the text frame on the correct “side” of the master page and separate First and Default pages in each set. Frequently (when I started out) I would format the left side of a Master Page and forget that the first page of my score actually used the Right-side Master Page.

Sometimes a screen shot of what is going wrong can help us diagnose a problem more clearly, although more complicated problems will require a zipped Dorico file (or an abbreviated version thereof) to get to the bottom of things.

I have no idea what you mean by this. Can you explain more fully?

In addition to what Derrek said, if any pages have overrides, changes to the Master Page will not be applied.

Thanks for responding guys!

Derrick, I was indeed editing the left page, when I needed to be editing the right side page. Text frame is now appearing in parts as expected. Thanks for setting me straight!

Craig F, toward the end of Anthony’s youtube, How to Work with Tokens | Engrave Mode in Dorico - YouTube , he demonstrates this at around 6:57 . I am still not able to get this working.

OldSchoolMark, Ctrl+Enter (or Cmd+Enter on Mac) is just a way of leaving the editor.
You can actually also use Escape to achieve the same.
Leaving the Frame Editor this way does keep your changes. You will still have to save them though.

I think I see what you’re trying to do. Note that Anthony is editing a page directly and is not in the Master Page editor. If you are in the MP editor you will see the tokens and not the actual flow name.