No one is saying there is anything wrong with asking a question.
But there are very real disadvantages to only seeking info by asking questions and never using the manual.
- The info in the manual is more complete than a quickly written response here.
- Because it is more complete you are likely to discover useful stuff you never even thought to ask about.
- Manual vs. forum = info vetted by expert review vs. a stranger’s opinion (although this community self vets well)
- If you are familiar with the manual getting your answer is often orders of magnitude faster than asking here.
- The manual always uses the correct terminology - which in general is a good thing to know.
- Questions posed here often use incorrect terms, leading to confusion and misinformation
Asking questions is a great way to learn stuff. But it is also limited. We “forum hounds” (who aren’t on here every hour of every day - we’re just efficient. But thanks for your condescension.) are trying to point out that in our collective experience ignoring the manual will seriously limit how well you can understand Cubase.
Oh in case you didn’t know it often takes way more than a few seconds to answer most questions. So sometimes it feels like the questioner thinks that their own time is too valuable to waste but they have a total expectation that someone here should spend their time giving them an answer.