adding instruments from Halion 2 to dry guitar recording

Like the subject states, how can I record a dry guitar track in an audio track and then add instruments from halion sonic2 afterwards from another track? The problem is that I use midiguitar2 from jam origin and that replaces the midi controller. .so I may have an impossible routing problem to get the dry signal recording to midiguitar2 and then to play an instrument off of Halion sonic2…

I don’t have the Midiguitar2 software but it seems doable. So…

Have you tried following one of the videos for setting this up in Cubase 7 or 8. Basically you need to install the .vst file and create an audio track and an instrument track as per the vids.

https://www.jamorigin.com/docs/daw/#toggle-id-7

Regards :sunglasses:

Yes that isn’t the problem…I don’t suffer from illeteracy.lol…but reading the manual is a challenge for a person who only finished the ninth grade…that’s the problem I guess.I know I’ve read forums and picked up some things from the manual, but I don’t know the steps for adding effects to a dry guitar track…I have heard it may make a positive difference in the end result…having them in with the guitar while recording opposed to adding them after you are able to adjust the effects to your liking…

If you already recorded your guitar dry in a Cubase audio track then it is easy to go into the inspector and pick on the effects menu. In the dropdown menu pick a VST effect (not a VST Instrument) and you should be able to open that plug in and choose a sound that will apply to your guitar. Pretty simple really. You just need to have a VST effect installed and it will be available for that audio track. I’m not sure what VST effects come stock with Cubase. I purchased Amplitube 4 for my guitar amp sounds but, for sure, Cubase should have a few to use like reverb, compressors and the similar.

Regards. :sunglasses:

Who would’ve thought it was that simple?..Cubasele8 free with a purchase (in my case a multi effects pedal)does have a little of everything in basic effects, plus I’ve downloaded dozens from air technology $74 synth included…i will try to get to it soon and see how it sounds…thanks…

It worked…thanks…

It worked. .thanks.