Adding instruments to make a template in Dorico

I need to create a template: Electric Guitar +Tab, another Electric Guitar +Tab and Bass Guitar + Tab. How can I do this?

Add two players that hold electric guitar and one player that holds bass guitar.
Go to Layout Options > Players > Fretted Instruments and set the options for all three to show tab.

What do you mean by ‘Add two players that hold electric guitar and one player that holds bass guitar’ ?
Where in Dorico do players ‘hold guitar’? Please use plain English in your explanation !!

Adding instruments to players (steinberg.help)

I’m honestly not sure how my English could be plainer. Dorico works in terms of players (human musicians) that hold instruments (such as guitars).

You add players using the buttons at the bottom left corner of Setup mode, then search for the instruments you want each player to hold.

This video might be helpful in introducing players and instruments in Setup mode:

1 Like

Dear Lillie
I have been trying to make a template in Dorico 3.5.
Electric Guitar +tab, Electric Guitar +Tab and Bass Guitar +Tab. I have enclosed a screenshot of what it looks like when I try it.

screenshot dorico.pdf (159 KB)

What is it you’d like help with at this stage? On the right, the bottom layout is “empty” because no players are ticked to appear in it – if you select this empty part, then click the checkbox for the Bass Guitar player in the panel on the left, then the Bass Guitar’s music will appear in that part.