Adding more than 9 Workspaces

would good to have more workspaces, does anyone have a workaround?

I use them for just for VST call up it’s a very fast way to jump to a VST or set of VSTs

To clarify I need more than 9 key switches , the current function won’t allow additional key switches

What about Workspace X?

Yes that adds one more workspace ,

There’s no limit, actually. just add a few hundred and call them up by number. You don’t even have to hit Enter.

1 Like

I have nearly all 200 of mine bound to hotkeys by using AutoHotKey to fill in the Workspace X number and hit Enter automatically (Thanks to Steve getting me started on AHK)

1 Like

Thx Steve I get the activate workspace box but could figure out how to add , fill the x slot, and then Add more, are you doing this without auto hot key?

Here I simply hit the shortcut for Workspace X, followed by the number of the Workspace. No Autohotkey (ahk) involved

Oh got it now, I’m using stream deck and I set up macros for workspace 10 and above so now I can trigger work spaces 10 and above

using one key switch in stream deck , works great thanks for the help

How’s the Mio XL? Thinking about swapping my outdated/unsupported MOTU MIDI XL

Works great switched from motu about 5 years ago, it’s rock solid but the interface set up is very confusing took some time to sort it out

Hi Indiescore
I’m looking exactly for the same thing :wink:
Which macro are you using? Workspace X + … ?
How can you make cubase to enter a value (10, 11, 12 …) into the Workspace X dialog?
PLE? Key Command?

Best M

I don’t have my daw on right now but I think I continued sequence by adding numbers , 10, 11, 12 , etc

So substitute 10 for x,

So do you enter the numbers 10, 11 and so on manually into the dialog box or is there an special command in your macro for this step that fills the box with the respective value (number)? This is what I can‘t find :slight_smile:

Actually the Key commands are already set to continue you dont need to create them past the 9 in cubase, just set up your key switch macro to continue with Alt+10, Alt+11 , etc, I use alt +# format for work spaces so I start with Alt+1 and continue

and I use stream deck to run the macros

Hmmm :thinking: sorry still don’t get it … there are 9 workspaces where you can assign key commands (for example: alt+1, alt+2 …) plus the workspace X followed by a dialog box asking for the workspace number to enter (manually). What are the the ingredients of your ‘key switch’ macros?
for example :

Macro Workspace 10
Workspaces - Workspace X
… ?

Alt+10 is the macro it will bring up a 10th workspace