Adding Music font flexibility for imported files and existing dorico for ipad files

Hey Daniel, thanks for your confidence. I hope it wont be for naught :grimacing:

I did see that the update is in place now. upgraded and tinkered with font option. sweet! actually, not a lot of things to tinker with the font opt but i very thankful for small things. have to explore some more to see if other items included in update with affect me. is there a definitive list handy somewhere. Also, has the support files been updated to relect changes

onward and upward

The Dorico for iPad Operation Manual hasn’t been updated with the changes in this update as yet, no, but it will be updated in due course.

The latest iPad Pro has the same M1 CPU as the MacBook Air and 13" MBP. OK, not as good as a 400-core AMD set-up, but totally sufficient for Dorico.

?? Do you mean start a system with a double bar? Can you show a screenshot example, as I’m not sure I understand how that would work. You can change any barline to a double by selecting it and clicking on the icon in the bars palette on the right hand side. Or use the Shift B popover with || (the bar character, appropriately enough!)

It’s commonly-enough done in hand copied lead sheets, I think: very often a double bar at the end of one system will also show a double bar at the start of the following system, as a way of demarcating sections. It’s not something that Dorico can do at the moment, but it’s something we may allow in future.

1 Like

Hey Hey, thanks for joining in on this. So, the screenshot is from an arrangement of one of my originals which was written using finale. As you can see, it allows for double bar lines at the end of a sytstem and the beginning of the next. The developers of Finale added the “create double bar on left side” feature a while ago. I got so used to having it at the beginning of the system (usually accompianied by a rehearsal mark) that it looks wierd not to have it. Oddly enough, it was among the first thing I looked for when I started using Dorico. The font I used is one of my own which I developed to have a pencil copy feel.

Thanks, again, for your interest,
Thomas

1 Like

Good Morning (at least here) Daniel,

thanks for the clarification on the whole double bar line thing. It was spot on. I just sent a screen shot of
the left side double bar in action

image.jpg

Please do add it :pray:

So did I!

Funny my wife and I were talking about Stranger last night, she’s finally going to read it.

But technically ‘Grok’ means total gestalt understanding, you understand something so well you become it. So to Grok Dorico, we must become Dorico, thinking how it thinks and seeing the world from it’s perspective.

Suddenly, everything is a Flow …

1 Like

So why is my life more like the iPad version? :grimacing: