Adding New Player to Existing Dorico Project Does Not Add Staff

I apologize for what I am sure is a complete rookie error. I am using the Beatles “Things We Said Today” as a learning tool for Dorico. I have an existing score from “The Complete Beatles Scores” and figured that recreating the score would be a good way to learn the software.

I created a simple project that has one staff with Guitar Chords and Rhythm slashes and lyrics. Next I wanted to add a drum part as shown in this video (Guitar and Percussion | Getting Started with Dorico SE - YouTube). I add the player but no staff is created (doesn’t matter what type of player is added, no staff is added). I have attached a screenshot. If I create a project from scratch I can add all the players I want.

I am guessing it has something to do with how I created the project. Any assistance would be appreciated.

It isn’t part of the layout you’re viewing in your picture (guitar vocal drum), just select the player and tick the checkbox on the appropriate layout on the right.

Thanks, it’s obvious once I know how to do it! It’s great that people are willing to help out us rookies. When I get more experience I hope to be able to do the same for others.

I just want to say that I love our user community. You’re all fabulous.

+1