Adding new takes to track removes comped takes

Hello everybody :slight_smile:

I stumbled into an interesting problem yesterday on Cubase 10 and wanted to see what other users think about it.

I recorded a vocal several days ago, did multiple takes and ended up comping afterward.

I decided I want to rerecord certain parts, but since I record on a separate project(one with the song mixdown in order to avoid lag/latency) when I copy the vocal takes from the recording project to the original project(the one where I comped) the new/copied vocal takes get placed on top of all takes and they remove the comp that Iā€™ve made.

This may not seem like a big issue but it gets really annoying especially when itā€™s on a larger portion of a track. I just want the new take to be placed on a new lane without being selected, so I can use it in the comp.

Does anybody know how to fix this issue or at least a workaround? Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance and have a great holiday season
George

replace mode ?

Doesnā€™t help :confused:

what I meant is maybe you had ā€˜replace modeā€™ on ? you want ā€œkeep historyā€ I think ?

No, I had ā€œkeep historyā€ mode on. On ā€œreplace modeā€ it deletes the other takes.
Anyway, I tried all the modes just to be sure and none give the desired effect.

Have you tried maybe something like the following:

After making the lanes visible, drag all of the events on all of the existing lanes one lane lower, so that Lane 1 is now empty.
Put your new recording on Lane 1

Now you wouldnā€™t hear Lane 1 (your new take) anywhere with old material already existing (from your prior comping). And then proceed with further comping as usual.