Adding REVerence's IR selector to the Macro Page. How?

Hi
Is it possible to add the REVerence’s Impulse Response selector to the Macro Page? It doesn’t appear as a parameter in the Parameter List so it can’t be dragged to a drop-down menu in the Macro Page.

As far as I know, no.

You can add a preset browser. This will let you change the IR but might also change other parameters too.

Thanks for the reply misohoza!
It really eludes me why Steinberg didn’t provide a way for the users to add that selector to the macro page. This is such a bummer. :disappointed: :roll_eyes:

It looks like also in H7 is still not possible to add the IR menu…
Or is there a way?

I haven’t updated to H7 yet, but I was hoping they will address this issue in H7. :disappointed:

In the Effect is a Parameter called “IRPath”. You can add it to the Pathbrowser. First it will not work, but after changing to an empty or other Program and go back, it works and I can load my own sample.
H7_REVerence.vstpreset (8.8 KB)

1 Like

Yes, this works (and for me it worked without having to change to an empty program) and it’s very useful indeed but I was looking for a way to add the ‘default’ IR selector to the Macro Page so the user would have the ability to load any of the Halion’s factory impulse responses. This one:

CropImage

For this you have to use the Preset Browser Module and there you have to set the Scope for the Effect.
Maybe I’m wrong, it looks like you can only use one - the User Impulse or the Preset Impulse from Halion. So I add 2 REVerence Effects - one for the User and one for the Preset.
H7_REVerence2.vstpreset (12.8 KB)

1 Like

Awesome! It really works! :star_struck: Thank you so much for sharing this! :hugs:
Just a quick question: how did you set the Scope to the Reverence module?

Unfortunately there is a big problem though. :worried: And actually @misohoza already mentioned it.

Indeed, when changing the impulse response it will also change the settings for all the other parameters. So you have to re-adjust all the parameters (Pre-delay, Time, Size, EQ, Mix, Level, etc) each time you change the impulse response. In other words, with this method you actually don’t just change the impulse response, but rather you load a different Reverence preset. :disappointed:

Thats right, if you change the Halion Presets, you have to adjust the settings. I think it’s because this
are saved Presets. If you use your own Impulse and change this, your settings will not change. You can save it as a Preset. I’ve tried to combine both - Preset Browser and Pathbrowser, but it was not successful for the moment.
H7_REVerence3.vstpreset (12.8 KB)

The Scope I set manually if you mean this.

Yes, it makes sense, but it’s such a shame that it keeps the setting only when you work with your own IRs. :disappointed:

Ah, I see. I got a little confused because it wasn’t set to a certain parameter of the Reverance module but to the entire module, so to speak.
Thanks!