Adding start and end markers to multiple clips on a reference track?

Hi,

I would like to quickly add start and end markers to multiple clips on a reference track. I’m using a reference track to pitch to my analog gear so an end marker means I don’t need to remember to stop recording. Plus these markers aid exporting at a later date. It appears the CD wizard doesn’t work on a reference track. Is there a work around? Manually navigating to start and end points and dropping markers on each clip is a bit of a pain.

Thanks.

This is not possible with the CD wizard (but I see from your case, that the exclusion of clips should be optional in this context; something to add for WaveLab 10.0.20 maybe).

But I have a trick for you:
Select the desired clips, then use the Montage Auto Split function. With the following config, nothing will be splitted, but markers will be added.

Make a preset for reuse…

Great, thanks. That works well for now. Having the extra spacing functionality and options with the CD Wizard would be great for 10.0.20. Got my vote!

I’ve just noted that when recording in the montage then the option is for Stop recording when playback position reaches LAST marker. Which doesn’t help when you have multiple songs each with a start and end marker. Is it possible to add a “Stop recording when playback position reaches NEXT marker” option?

Is it possible to add a “Stop recording when playback position reaches NEXT marker” option?

That’s a good suggestion.

That would be VERY useful and will prevent some very long files being created.