Adjust Audio Interface input gain from mixer?

Hey all,

Today I was using Logic and noticed it had a handy feature in the mixer called Audio Device that lets you set the device’s input level from Logic’s mixer. See the attached pic.

I regularly use Input Channels but I’ve never seen a way to adjust the audio device itself - mine’s an RME Babyface, for example. Is there something I’m missing or is this a Logic-only feature for now?

thanks!
Matthew
Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 6.46.22 PM.png

Hi,

Are you sure you really adjust the Audio Device input gain? Isn’t an input from the Audio Device to DAW (Logic)? You can do so in CUbase by the red (input) faders. But you can’t adjust the Audio Device gain.

Ah well. Maybe a future version will have it. Thanks for the info.

Hi,

I’m really wondering about this. Can you really see int or Total Mix FX, the Gain increase/degrease, while controlling from Logic?

I just see the preamp gain. Maybe there’s a way to view totalmix fx too - I haven’t dug very far into it.

Hi,

I had a look to the feature in Logic. It’s really handy. As far as I understand, it works with Class Compliant driver, or any Core Audio driver vendor can adapt their driver to implement this. Cubase is using ASIO driver. And on Mac, there is an ASIO to Core Audio translator. As far as I know, there is no such a feature in ASIO.