I downloaded a vocal audio file with a varying tempo. In cubase I setted up a tempo track with tapping, since tempo auto detection didn’t do the job.
So far, so good.
There are some bars with a much higher/lower tempo and I want to correct these bars. I did the following steps:
- I cutted the bar which I wanted to slow down.
- I resized the event with the object selection tool (time stretch)
- I took the next event and moved it against the resized event.
- I opened the midi (tempo tapping) track and replaced all notes
- I merge the tempo track (MIDI > Functions > Merge Tempo From Tapping.)
I hear a pop/tick where I cutted the event. Besides this method takes a lot of time (especially if you need to correct multiple bars).
I’m wondering if there is a better/easier way to do this.