Adjusting backing track to grid or vice versa

Question from a newbie please. I am a drummer and I want to use Cubase 10.5 for practice. One of the great things is to play to a drumless backing track within Cubase. Everything is installed fine and working ![:+1:] Now I want to zoom in and work on my timing getting every drum and cymbal aligned to eachother, the backing track and the grid. Question: how do I align the click track and/or the grid to the backing track and respective drum tracks? Anyone? Thanks! ![:pray:]

Hi,

Use the Project > Tempo Detection function, please.

1 Like

Thanks for your help, but that feature is grayed out and can not be chosen. Do I have to adjust something in the settings maybe?

Hi,

First select the Audio Event/MIDI Part, you want to use as the source for the detection, please.

1 Like

Thanks so much! It worked! One more question please. How can I change the subdivision in the grid once Tempo Detection did its job?

Hi,

You can Reset the analysis result (nutty left button), change the settings and let it analyse again.

Sorry, I donโ€™t know what you mean. Can you show please? Maybe with a few screen shots?

Hi,

In the Tempo Detection Panel, you can find the โ€œReset the analysis resultโ€ (most at bottom, most on the left side). Then you can change the settings and start the analysis again.