adjusting bars to account for pushed groove

Hi
apologies if this has been addressed previously, but I have a track I’m currently recording and the groove (drums) are always ‘pushed’ by one sixteenth, so essentially the start of the bar in terms of the feel is a 16th before the actual start of the bar.

Anyway, my question is, is it possible to adjust the bar lines so that they line up with the ‘pushed’ groove as opposed to the ‘on the one’ way it normally is?

It might sound odd to do this, but as all the drums are pushed in this way, it would make life a lot easier if I could align bars this way so playing the track back at any given bar started off pushed.

Hope that all makes sense!

I take it your drums are a midi track? I would just grab the midi track (drums) and drag them back a 16th note so they’re on the bar line. That’s kind of the beauty of midi - drop/drag/move/change tempo/etc.

You might have to change the quantize value on the project bar if they won’t “snap” where you want them. If the midi file/track themselves are “pushed” a 16th that’s another conversation.

Kinda guessing at what you’re trying to get as an end result.

Hi andy
thanks for the reply. The drums will be audio, not midi, but that’s not really the issue. The drummer will be playing to a click that is ‘on the beat’ as it were, but his playing is pushed, so each initial kick (or other hit) is push 1/16th ahead of the bar. I want to see if there’s a way of adjusting the bars, so that they’re all 1/16th ahead, so when I click on the start of a bar, it starts 1/16th ahead of the normal bar, so it plays the drummer’s part from the start as he sees it (i.e… the initial pushed hit).

Dragging everything back 1/16th wouldn’t work as in general the groove is in line with the bar, but the start of each bar is ‘pushed’. I’m trying to think of a better way to put it, but maybe it’s best I upload an screen grab!

I suppose it depends on the tempo but 1/16th seems an awful lot to me.

Ok, it seems I’m either not explaining myself very well, or the concept of a pushed groove/rhythm is not familiar to most people on this forum. It really has nothing to do with tempo I’m afraid.