adjusting horizontal positions of notes in Engrave mode

It is possible I haven’t found an existing option, but I have searched thoroughly.

I have an odd situation in the piece I’m working on. I need, in an unmeasured passage, to horizontally align notes not based on their duration, but based on their position relative to a line of poetry appearing above the music (as a text object, not as lyrics). In the attached screenshot you can see how close I am to getting this to work, with X time signatures (better would be just unmeasured time, or not to show the X at all, but that’s next on my list), and 1 ‘unmeasured’ measure per bar.

The only missing piece is my ability to put the A where I need to within the horizontal bar. I thought the offset override in Engrave mode would be my ticket, but it doesn’t seem to have any effect on note position.

Is it possible to make this adjustment in the current version of Dorico?

Thanks,
-Kevin

Nope…

I believe Daniel said that this will be implemented in the next update.

I believe Daniel said that this will be implemented in the next update.

Indeed it will. It’s coming along very nicely and I think you’ll be very happy with the control that will be made available.

Oh well - thanks for the quick reply - I’ll look forward to the next update and showing off Dorico’s flexibility. It really is a joy to use this compared to what I was doing before.

Thanks all!