adjusting latency

Hi Forum,
I’ve been using the generic low latency driver but I’m having poor sound such as crackling and breaking up. I’d use the ASIO Duplex Direct X but the latency doesn’t match and there’s a huge lag in the sound. There’s a way to manually match the latency through Device Set up - I was shown it once before but I can’t seem to find it now. Does any know of the way to bring the input and output latency down to the same level? Thanks, Barry.

Hi,

We do not recommend our users to use a generic ASIO driver. They are not developed with professional audio applications like Cubase in mind. I recommend you look into purchasing an audio interface with a dedicated ASIO driver, such as our UR series of devices (not that I’m biased or anything :wink:)

I hope this helps. Thank you.

Hi Joshua - thanks for your reply. I’m using an external mixer at the moment and have been using the ASIO Direct X Duplex driver. The latency became too great so I selected the generic driver. If I could reduce the in and out latency I’d switch to the Duplex. I went into Devices - VST Audio System - ASIO Duplex Direct X - Control Panel but don’t see a way to bring down the latency. I’m almost there but I can’t find the last step. Thanks, Barry.